Table of Contents
- 7 Reasons Why Indoor Workouts on Best Spin Bikes are Good for You
- 5 Benefits of spinning at home with the best spin bike brands
- 13 Best Indoor Spin Bikes For Home
- 1. Sunny SF-B1002 Spin Bike
- 2. NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle (S15i & S22i)
- 3. Bluefin Fitness TOUR SP Spin Bike
- 4. YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
- 5. Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle
- 6. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1001
- 7. Ancheer M6008 Indoor Spin Bike
- 8. Cyclace Exercise Bike
- 9. PYHIGH Indoor Cycling Bike
- 10. Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike
- 11. SYRINX Indoor Spin Bike
- 12. MEVEM Indoor Spin Bike
- 13. VIGBODY Spin Bike
- How Important is the flywheel weight and how does it affect performance?
In these stressful times of lockdown and being quarantined at home, the fitness industry has continued to serve by offering not only quality and affordable best spin bikes which can be used at home but which is effective, gets the heart pumping, is compact, versatile and most importantly gives a high-level workout.
A high proportion of fitness aficionados who have never gone near a gym prior to the pandemic and enjoyed the contact and team sports such as football, soccer, and rugby as well as those who enjoyed swimming and volleyball have found the cardio workout achieved on a spin bike at home is their new go-to sport for burning calories and strengthening cardio.
If you have thought about trying indoor spinning but are unsure as to the best indoor spin bike for you, worry not; this and more questions are answered below. Meanwhile here are 7 great reasons why indoor workouts on the best spin bikes are good for your health, your fitness, and your general well-being.
Read all our recommended spin bikes details below
7 Reasons Why Indoor Workouts on Best Spin Bikes are Good for You
- Workout as and when you like – no restrictions and no limits when using best spin bikes
- Keep fit regardless of weather, winter or summer, snow or sunshine workout in the comfort and safety of home
- It’s time effective – no need to get ready to go on the road or to a gym – work out as and when you like
- With smart bike hook-ups, training and competing in real-time with cyclists all over the world is infinitely doable
- Set personal goals and work at your own pace
- Use interactive training apps to keep motivated and to have fun with the workout
- Decide on what matters to you – use the training time to define your goals and set your focus
5 Benefits of spinning at home with the best spin bike brands
- Builds a healthy heart. This helps control breathing and anxiety levels
- Burns calories. Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Builds lean muscle tone. Gives the body that sculpted look
- Start at any fitness level and work up as fitness increases
- Best indoor cycling bike is versatile and can be used by any member of the family
The best indoor spin bike is compact and will fit in any size room; unlike the more cumbersome pieces of kit such as treadmills, rowing machines, or cross-trainers which require more space. Best spin bikes have been built with the racing bike in mind and this shows in the forward propulsion of the design.
As well as go faster ergonomics, created for comfort as well as endurance, best spin bikes come equipped with a console that attaches to any smart device for an app that tracks your training every step of the way. Spin bike with the screen makes for a more intense and adrenaline-fuelled workout.
So whether you are a complete novice, have been spinning since forever, or are an outdoor biker working indoors due to lockdown, spinning is a sport for everyone at any level and best spin bikes are the way to get you there fast.
The main difference between best spin bikes built specifically for spinning and a fixed exercise bike is the large wheel positioned at the front or the rear of the machine. This appendage, the flywheel, is usually built separately from the pedal mechanism and it is from the flywheel that resistance is applied and momentum can be built up to simulates the outdoor biking experience. The flywheel, by necessity is a heavy beast and can weight anything from 30 pounds upwards helping the user, that’s YOU, gain fitness whilst enjoying a super intense workout delivered only by the best indoor cycling bike.
There are two methods to create resistance on best indoor spin bikes and these are:
- Friction resistance
- Magnetic resistance
Friction resistance can be recognized in two ways:
1) A singular block pad located at the top of the flywheel. This pad is pressed downwards as the dial is made tighter
2) A dual pad system set like pivots on either side of the flywheel and as the tension dial is made tighter the pads draw in to squeeze the flywheel making it more difficult to pedal
Magnetic resistance for a best indoor spin bike is employed like this: in place of the dual pad system of friction resistance, two magnets are placed on either side of the flywheel. This means that as the flywheel spins it moves through the magnetic field causing a natural resistance on the flywheel. In other words, the flywheel acts as a conductor. The resistance can be increased or decreased by moving the magnets closer to or further from the flywheel. Resistance levels are regulated by a tension switch or knob or via a touch screen on a console.
13 Best Indoor Spin Bikes For Home
So whatever your current level of fitness, here are 13 of our recommended best spin bike brands and not just because we say they are – we got the intel to prove it:
1. Sunny SF-B1002 Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Adjustable
Flywheel Weight: 49 pounds (22-kg)
Construction: Steel construction to allow standing up and leaning forward whilst working
Additional Benefits: Strain handle, slowing mechanism, silent workout, vibration-free,
Suitable for: Suitable for novice and experienced users making it one of the best spin bike brands currently on the marketFull ReviewCheck Price
2. NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle (S15i & S22i)
- S15i has a 14” screen
- S22i has a 22” screen
- Both models come with HD touch
Resistance Type: Inertia-enhanced magnetic with user-friendly controls and customized settings
Flywheel Weight: 49 pounds (22-kg)
Construction: Commercial grade steel, snugly fitted to ensure a safe, wobble-free workout
Additional Benefits: 12-month ifit membership is included with purchase, real-time interactive training workouts with personal trainers from around the world, wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
Suitable for: Beginners and experienced riders. Those who are looking for a gentle workout will not be disappointed in either model. In addition to being well-designed, the Nordic is lightweight, easy to store and transport without sacrificing the quality features expected in modern-day best spin bikesFull ReviewCheck Price
3. Bluefin Fitness TOUR SP Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Adjustable
Flywheel Weight: 55 pounds (25-kg)
Construction: Aluminium frame
Additional Benefits: Integral app for use with any smart device, LCD display, HRC pulse
monitors, stop brake system, target workouts
Suitable for: Both low impact and high-intensity work making this one the best choice in the spin
bike with screen class
4. YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
Resistance Type: Adjustable high resistance control and customization options are available.
Flywheel Weight: 35 pounds flywheel can support a maximum of 270 pounds weight.
Construction: M10 steel, which is more rigid and suitable for high resistance cycling.
Additional Benefits: This indoor spin bike is equipped with an LCD digital monitor to track your speed, time, distance, burned calories, and many more. Pedals are designed to make it more comfortable and not sleepy. They also added a brake pad, bottle holder, and transportation wheels for moving around.
Suitable for: This easy to control and features mainly focused on monitoring workout progress spin bike is a perfect choice for a heavy-duty workout routine. Compact and high durability with fitness tracking features makes it one of the best spin bikes in the market 2020.Full ReviewCheck Price
5. Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle
Resistance Type: Magnetic with 24 tension levels
Flywheel Weight: 8 pounds (3.6-kg)
Construction: Durable stainless steel
Additional Benefits: Heart rate monitor, compact in size (easy storage), transport wheels, pre-installed e-chip to allow the transfer of information to other devices,
Suitable for: Cardio work, body toning, and weight loss. Both novice riders and seasoned spinners will easily find their way around the Keiser M3’s user -friendly interface.
Note: no electricity required: the Keiser M3 consoles are battery-powered, making this one of the best spin bikes to use in areas where there is no electrical output eg garage, outdoors, etc.Full ReviewCheck Price
6. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1001
Resistance Type: Adjustable resistance for a variable workout.
Flywheel Weight: 30 pounds chromed solid flywheel.
Construction: Heavy-duty crank and steel frame construction.
Additional Benefits: Micro-Adjustable Resistance knob & Pad Resistance, 4-way adjustable seat, Caged Pedals, and Transportation Wheels for easy moving.
Suitable for: Gentle to intermediate level workout. Choose this one for best spin cycle for home if you enjoy low resistance or gentle aerobic workouts.Full ReviewCheck Price
7. Ancheer M6008 Indoor Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Magnetic with user-friendly controls and customized settings
Flywheel Weight: 40 pounds (18-kg) with silent belt drive
Construction: Solid steel frame, snugly fitted to ensure a safe, wobble-free workout
Additional Benefits: This best indoor spin bike is robust but neat enough to fit in a bedroom or garage space. It has an easy-to-read LCD unit, two water bottle holders, bracket for phone
Suitable for: Users who have limited space and who want a model which is compact, lightweight and easy to transport without sacrificing the quality features expected in best spin bikesFull ReviewCheck Price
8. Cyclace Exercise Bike
Resistance Type: Adjustable Resistance Ergonomic resistance bar
Flywheel Weight: 36lbs flywheel and belt-driven system, can support to 330lbs
Construction: Thickened steel with a triangular frame.
Additional Benefits: Its seat has 8 adjustable positions and customizable. An extra break pad with multi-grip handlebars. LCD monitor for all workout tracking.
Suitable for: An all-round cardio intense workout. A great choice for a high-quality spin bike with a screen.Full ReviewCheck Price
9. PYHIGH Indoor Cycling Bike
Resistance Type: Reduce/increase the resistance with knob controller.
Flywheel Weight: 35lbs flywheel
Construction: sturdiest bike with heavy-duty steel frame.
Additional Benefits: LCD monitor tracks, adjustable non-slip handlebar, and Caged Foot Pedals for better griping.
Suitable for: Riders of any fitness level who enjoy goal-setting and tracking progress will love this best spin bike for home.Full ReviewCheck Price
10. Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Magnetic - 100 micro adjustable tiers of resistance for the perfect workout
Flywheel Weight: 30 pounds (13.6-kg)
Construction: Alloy steel. Sturdy but easy to move around
Additional Benefits:. Connects with Peloton and Zwift for instant streaming, fully adjustable saddle, padded armrests, slip resistant pedals make for a workout easy on the joints
Suitable for: An all-round cardio intense workout. Great choice for high quality spin bike with screenFull ReviewCheck Price
11. SYRINX Indoor Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Adjustable, belt-driven
Flywheel Weight: 35 pounds (16 -kg)
Construction: Anti-corrosive steel coated frame.
Additional Benefits: 4-way adjustable seat, multi-grip handlebars, user-friendly interface, battery-powered.
Suitable for: Gentle to intermediate level workout. Choose this one for best spin cycle for home if you enjoy low resistance or gentle aerobic workoutsFull ReviewCheck Price
12. MEVEM Indoor Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Magnetic
Flywheel Weight: 18 pounds (8-kg)
Construction: Steel tubing: offering strength, stability, and reliability to the best spin bike experience
Additional Benefits: Magnetic resistance ensure quiet operation, pedals cradle the feet from slipping to ensure safety, compact, stable and easy to move around
Suitable for: Users from small to average height. The versatility of this machine promises a comfortable ride to riders at all fitness levels on this best indoor cycling bikeFull ReviewCheck Price
13. VIGBODY Spin Bike
Resistance Type: Adjustable
Flywheel Weight: 24 pounds (11-kg)
Additional Benefits: slimmer, minimalistic design, all parts are easily adjustable, Vigbody is one of the quietest best spin bikes on the market today
Suitable for: Experienced cyclists who enjoy pushing themselves for a power-filled workout will love this best spin bike for homeFull ReviewCheck Price
How Important is the flywheel weight and how does it affect performance?
The heavier the wheel the more energy it takes to get it moving, and a lighter flywheel will take less energy to get moving. Simple physics. But whatever the weight of the flywheel, once it is moving the effort is in keeping the momentum going.
Unlike Tesla 3, best spin bikes are not designed to go from 0 – 60mph in 3.2 seconds, and even if they were it is unlikely that any human cyclist, no matter how fit, could test the design spec!
The point here is that whilst the aim of the best spin bike for home may not necessarily be to take off like Tesla, the art of spin is twofold:
- Strength to get the flywheel moving to the speed required
- Endurance to be able to keep the momentum flowing once you get there
This brings the flywheel weight question down to one thing: personal preference.
Some best indoor cycling bike users enjoy working out on a bike with a large, heavier flywheel. This is likely to be because larger wheels emulate outdoor biking more closely. For example a large percentage of outdoor cyclists who start spinning prefer the heavier flywheel for this reason.
Our recommendations with heavier flywheel include:
Sunny SF-B1002 Spin Bike 55lbs/25-kg
Bluefin Fitness TOUR SP Spin Bike 49lbs/22-kg
Ancheer M6008 Indoor Spin Bike 40lbs/18-kg
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle 42lbs/22-kg
How spin bike works?
Cycling spin bikes challenge you both physically and mentally, stressed out our body, and speed up your blood flow at the same time, which help's your body fat burn quickly. Get your heartbeat up high in a Spin bike, move your body muscles fast so your calories will burn out in the process, and keeps your body active for a long period of time during the day.
Which spin bike should I buy?
Things you need to look for before you buy a snip bike are:
- Frame: For any type of spin bikes, it's frame is the most important part to check and make sure it's quality is good. Make sure it's wide enough for you.
- Flywheel: It's located on the front side of the bike. Check the weight of the wheel, it will be spin more smoothly depending on its weight.
- Resistance: 5 types of resistance mechanisms can be found in a spin bike. Cable, manual screw, electronic, magnetic, and electromagnetic resistance. Choose the one that makes you feel more comfortable controlling your bike's resistance.
- Chain or belt: There are two types of drive systems, chain, and belt. Try to go for the best type of drive system.
- Adjustment: Most of the spin bike's now have adjustable seats. It's important to be able to adjust the height and position of your seat according to your physical structure or you won't feel comfortable riding it.
- Breaks: You can find three types of brake systems which are fabric breaks, leather breaks, and magnetic braking. Magnetic breaking ones should be your first choice as it requires less maintenance and noise-free.
- Display Screen: Most spin bikes come with a display screen, although not all of them. The display screen helps you measure your workout progress, like distance, bike speed, calories burn count, and many more.
- Pedals: You should not worry too much about the bike pedals as almost all of them have quice good pedal for you to put your feet comfortably. But still, just check before you buy it.
- Transportation Wheels: If you are buying a spin bike for home, then, you should check if the bike has transportation wheels attached to it. It will help you move around your spin bike from one room to another, as it can be very heavy.
Is spin bike good for weight loss?
Cycling spin bikes can definitely help you lose weight, "how much" is depends on how you use it. It helps you burn more calories and increase energy use. Next are how long, how frequently, and how intensely you exercise on your spin bike. All of them are accountable for how much calories and fats you will burn throughout your exercise. If you maintain an effective exercise routine for spin bikes, then you will start losing weight in a noticeable manner quickly.
What are spin bike shoes?
Spin bike shoes are made of materials that are lightweight, thin enough so your feet won't get wet easily and comes with a stiff soles feature that gives more power to pedals and stick with them more tightly.