Vigbody HL-5230 Specs Rundown
- Manufacturer: VIGBODY
- Model: VIGBODY HL-5230
- Rating: 4.5/5 (90%)
- Colors available: black (with red parts)
- Assembled dimensions: 44.5” L x 19.7” W x 43.3” H
- Display monitor: LCD for scan, time, distance, speed, calories, & odometer
- Net weight: 64 lbs
- Weight capacity: 330 lbs
- Frame construction: steel, plastic
- Flywheel: 24.2 lbs
- Drive system: belt drive
- Min/max seat height adjustment: 32.8”-38.7”
- Min/max handlebars height adjustment: 36.4”-41.1”
- Pedals: adjustable anti-slip caged pedals
- Transportation wheels: YES
- Price: $289.99
- Warranty: 12 months
Additional features include:
- 2-way adjustable non-slip handlebars
- 4-way adjustable padded seat
- Adjustable resistance system
- 2 AAA battery required (included)
Key Features Description
We’ve picked out the following key features for description.
Frame and construction
The most prominent physical feature of the VIGBODY Indoor Cycling Bike is its minimalist design. In this regard, it’s not like the conventional old-school stationary exercise bicycle. This design means that users will have to lean over the bike while cycling, much similar to a racing bike. For those looking for a stationary bike with a more modern build, the VIGBODY Spin Bike could be the answer.
Fully assembled, the bike measures 44.5” L x 19.7” W x 43.3” H, which adds to its sleek, minimalist construction. It weighs 64 lbs, which is relatively light. Surprisingly, though, the light build is conveniently offset by the impressive 330 lbs weight-bearing capacity, which is on the high side for an exercise bike and a winning selling point for the VIGBODY HL-5230. It’s safe to say it can accommodate all user weights.
The building material is high-quality steel, which adds impressive sturdiness and durability to the bike. Its 24.2 lbs flywheel is considerably low compared to those of other indoor spin bikes, but it’s still more than enough to provide any desired level of intensity to your workout: It simply comes down to a matter of not being surplus to requirement.
In the aesthetics department, the bike can be described as striking, with its beautiful black background and sparse red.
Seat, handlebar, and pedals
The padded saddle has an ergonomic design that adjusts horizontally and vertically to accommodate most body types and sizes for maximum user comfort and safety. The default height adjustment ranges from 33.5” to 38.5” which offers an easy hand and leg convenience with the handlebars and pedals, respectively.
Additionally, the seat has a hollow ventilation design that allows air permeation and circulation for enhanced comfort.
The 2-way adjustable anti-slip handlebars have vertical height customization that ranges from 37.8”-44”. This design can help with posture adjustment, as preferred: Set at the highest vertical, you will naturally sit upright a little, while you lean over when the handlebars are set to lowest.
Aluminum caged pedals with straps prevent your feet from slipping off while pedaling, providing user safety and comfort.
The bike runs on a belt drive system that provides fluid and powerful transmission. I wouldn’t describe the system as whisper-quiet or noisy. However, it tends more toward quiet and non-disruptive. And one thing is certain: It’s quieter than chain drive systems.
The bidirectional flywheel offers 24.2 lbs of resistance, which seems low but is more than enough for your needs. Increase or decrease the intensity of your workout for the desired challenge level with the tension resistance control attached to the frame. It’s perfectly customizable to all user skill levels.
Bring the bike to a quick and safe stop by pressing down the resistance control knob which also serves as an emergency brake.
The console features a computer monitor with an LCD screen that displays valuable workout statistics for distance, time, speed and calories burned. This helps you track your performance and measure progress every step of the way. A phone shelf on the console holds your smartphone or tablet.
The display monitor requires 2 AAA batteries, which are included for FREE as a bonus upon first purchase.
Tilt and roll easily from room to room on the sturdy dual wheels.
Vigbody HL-5230: Pros and Cons
- Outstanding sturdy and durable build.
- Ergonomically designed for most user height, weights, types, & skill levels.
- Minimalist design & modern touch.
- The frame design forces you to lean into your exercise, offering a more intense workout.
- Can support user weights up to 330 lbs, which is remarkably high.
- The resistance system suits users of all fitness levels.
- Smooth and quiet operation for even the most intense workouts.
- Small and lightweight, making for easy handling.
- Compact and easily transportable.
- Space-saver optimized.
- Eye-catching design.
- Low maintenance.
- Great price.
- Attractive warranty.
- No water holder.
- The pedals aren’t as sturdy as we expect.
- Not the quietest stationary bike in the market. It’s not the noisiest either. And quieter than chain drive bikes.
The VIGBODY HL-5230 selling price on Amazon is $289.99, which is reasonable.
A 12-month warranty deal plus better service gives you 100% protection and satisfaction for the purchase of the VIGBODY stationary exercise bike.
Overall, I don’t think I have any reservations recommending this bike. It has all the essentials that a user would want in a quality stationary bike.
Great design that meets ergonomic & aesthetic requirements; powerful, whisper-quiet drive & resistance; sturdy & durable steel frame—all geared toward a strong and unique workout experience.
The low price and attractive warranty make it a reasonable and safe investment for long-term indoor cycling needs.