Table of Contents
- Keiser M3i Indoor Spin Bike
- Keiser M3i Bike – Model Overview
- Specs Rundown
- Who’s it for?
- Keiser M3i Bike – Key Features
- Keiser M31 – Pros and Cons
- Bike Assembly
- Keiser M3i vs. Old-School
- Final Words
Keiser introduces its revolutionary Keiser M3i Indoor Spin Bike, one of the most intelligent and technologically advanced indoor cycling trainers in the market currently.
If you need a quality spin bike with superior performance, multiple functionalities, and a great internet facility, the Keiser M3i is the bike for you.
Keiser M3i is very different from and far more advanced than most other indoor bikes we’ve known. And we mean this in almost all aspects: visual, construction, performance, accessories, and user experience.
It shines on all fronts, so we made it our premier pick for the best bikes money can buy. And it’s even relatively cheaper than most other bikes in the high-end category.
We also backed our support with a 5-star rating, because we’re sure you’re going to love this bike as much as we do, and as much majority of verified users and reliable authorities have.
There’s just so much to enjoy, from the numerous features to the thrilling internet options.
Want to know more about what the Keiser M3i has to offer?
Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle
Rating 4.7 out of 5.0
Keiser M3i Bike – Model Overview
What you see with the Keiser M3i is two decades-plus of endless innovation and continuous refinement for an exercise bike that began just like every other. Oftentimes, a product’s manufacturers would select one or a couple of specific features to highlight in a new product on its way to the market. These would be the item’s key selling points.
Keiser took a different approach with its M3i.
In this M3i Cycler, there is no particular unique selling feature. Nearly all aspects of the Keiser M3i spin bike have been consciously optimized to peak capacity with extra features and improved performance.
Starting from the esthetic perspective; bordering around features & accessories; and coming down to engineering, functionality, and user experience, this bike has been created with a singular purpose. That is to beat every other indoor spin bike to the competition by catering to all the whims and perks of users’ indoor cycling demands on all fronts.
A game-changer in the gym bike industry, Keiser’s M3i is unique from other conventional indoor cyclers in the following ways:
- The V-shape frame accommodates riders of all body types, sizes, and shapes, more so than the traditional frame structure
- Rear flywheel design protects against corrosion from sweat; other bikes have flywheels in the front, which is the sweat zone
- Magnetic-resistance technology promotes smooth and whisper-quiet transmission; better than belt and chain drives
- Revolutionary redesigned Keiser pedals
- Bluetooth connectivity for open API for Smartphone/tablet
- Tension knob “behind” steel tube frame (we prefer the usual “front” position, though)
- Mind-blowing M Series App, which offers a lot of internet features and virtual reality engagements (specially customized for Keiser bikes alone)
- Commercial grade warranty with 3 long years!
The Keiser M3i is one of the few indoor cycling bikes built entirely around you as a rider, gym owner, or service technician. A proud USA-made indoor bike, Keiser M3i has the strictest manufacturer compliance with the nation’s quality control standards. No wonder it has been recognized home and abroad by the US Government, Sports Communities (partners with the NHL), and health/fitness clubs across the country and in the UK.
We love this bike, and we believe it deserves 5-STARS.
But let’s have a deeper look.
- Manufacturer: KEISER
- Model: M3i
- Rating: 5/5 (95.5%)
- Colors available: Raven black
- Assembled dimensions: 49” L x 26” W x 51” H
- Display monitor: M Series Computer backlit display
- Data displayed: RPM, power output in Watts, heart rate (Polar Compatible), pedaling time, gear (1-24 gears), odometer, trip distance
- Net weight: 92 lbs
- Frame construction: stainless steel
- Drive system: magnetic resistance
- Handlebars: 4-way adjustable
- Seat: 4-way adjustable
- Pedals: adjustable anti-slip caged pedals
- Transportation wheels: YES
- Price: $1,995
- Warranty: 3 years / 6 months on wearable parts
Additional features include:
- Keiser M Series App
- Media tray
- Stretch pad
- Polar heart rate monitor
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Floor mat
- Water bottle holder
- Infinite resistance increment settings
- Rust-resistant & anti-corrosive coating
- Tension knob for resistance and brake
- 2 AA batteries required (included)
Who’s it for?
The Keiser M3i Spin Bike is ideal for the following persons.
- Advanced users who are serious about their workouts
- Buyers who want a sophisticated gym bike
- Users who want multiple features and accessories
- Fitness enthusiasts who want to invest long-term
- Buyers who have a couple of bucks to spare for a real deal fitness equipment
Keiser M3i Bike – Key Features
Frame and construction
The most prominent feature of the M3i is its unique design, particularly of the V-shaped frame and the rear flywheel.
The ergonomic V-shape frame is designed to match riders of nearly all sizes, from 4’10”-7’ in height. This unique V-design gives the bike a minimalist appearance, making it easy to handle and maintain.
For the peculiar rear position of the flywheel, the intention is to prevent corrosion and rust from sweat dripping from the upper body during workouts. This is very different from the usual front flywheels which are right in the sweat zone.
The drive-train is also at the rear of the bike where it’s equally safe from the sweat zone. It consists of a single Poly-V magnetic drive resistance that makes the transmission very smooth and extremely quiet. Magnetic resistance is better than belt and chain resistances; and it’s the best technology at the moment.
The frame of the Keiser M3i is made of solid steel, which provides strength and durability for the longest rides and intensities. At 90 lbs, it’s quite heavy, but can still be moved around very easily with the two sturdy transportation wheels.
The handlebars and seats are each 4-way adjustable and ergonomically designed to accommodate a broad range of user sizes and workout style preferences.
The pedals have a cage design that keeps your feet in place during the most intense rides to prevent injury due to slip or sprain.
With dimensions 49” L x 26” W x 51” H, the Keiser M3i is a space-saver. It will fit easily into your workout/storage area, saving you a lot of floor space.
No detail has been overlooked.
In the esthetic department, the bike is struck us as modern, sleek, and minimalist in design. It’s beautifully coated in shiny raven black.
I wouldn’t mind leaving my M3i bike in an open view where friends and visitors can admire its amazingly elegant, modern look.
Lol, well, not exactly but you get the idea.
Seat, handlebar, and pedals
The M3i’s seat suits riders of almost heights and sizes, at least from 4’10” – 7’. The saddle’s 4-way adjustability allows for upward/downward and forward/backward positioning as fits the user.
The seat is well-cushioned and has an air-permeating mechanism that keeps it full and soft for the user’s optimal comfort.
The handlebars can also be adjusted in 4 different positions to suit the user. You can move it up and down or front and back in small increments until you find your comfort zone.
Keiser’s revolutionary pedals have been made with plastic, but just as we expected, they are strong and durable. The manufacturers maintained the usual caged design but tell us that theirs is unique in the following ways:
- Stronger bearings tested for static and dynamic load
- Cage integrated into the pedal design, NOT just added on
- Ramped barbs used for secure and simple foot placement
- Curvature eliminates pressure points on the rider’s foot
Interestingly, Keiser offers a generous number of options for customizing your equipment to facilities needs or personal tastes. For instance, you can always change the color or material for the seat’s upholstery, the color of the bike’s frame, the material of the pedals, and so on.
Drive & resistance
Keiser M3i’s drive & resistance system features a large heavy-duty rear flywheel which lends extra sturdiness to the device while offering a smooth and extremely quiet transmission. Thanks to the magnetic resistance technology, which experts agree are much quieter than belt and chain options.
This whisper-quiet quality of the drive system makes this bike a good choice for persons who don’t want to disturb people in his environment. You can have this bike in one corner of your office or even exercise while someone watches TV, reads, or sleeps in the same room.
The magnetic resistance system isn’t prone to wear from friction like, say, chain resistance. This reduces maintenance costs and adds to the long-term health of your machine.
You can always increase or decrease resistance with the tension knob, attached to the underside of the tube leading to the console. Here, I feel the manufacturers should have rather stuck with the conventional placement of tension knobs on the upper front-side of the tube, where it can be reached more easily.
As for the entire drive system (the flywheel, transmission train, and pedals), we like how it’s positioned at the back of the machine. This is another revolutionary development. According to the manufacturers, keeping the drive system away from the sweat zone and water bottle avoids rust due to moisture.
The rear position of your bike’s drive components also saves you from the boring and tiring task of cleaning the machine after every use. You don’t have all those resources in time and energy—certainly not after a long tiring workout.
The M3i console features a computer monitor and a holder for your smartphone/tablet.
The Electronic Monitor
The Keiser M3i digital monitor is a powerful training tool that gives immediate and accurate health/fitness data feedback to the user via a screen display. This helps the user monitor progress, stay motivated, and plan improvements every step of the way.
The M3i’s screen is unique: It gives more detailed workout stats; it shows all workout data on the same screen, at the same time; and it is backlit.
Let’s look at these unique functionalities individually.
Compulsory accessories (included):
- Workout stats: The M Series Computer displays data for the following:
- Backlight Sensor
- Cadence (RPM)
- Power Output (Watts/Kcal)
- Heart Rate (HR)
- Elapsed Time
- Current Gear (Resistance Level)
- Odometer/Trip Distance
- All data, one screen display
The M3i monitor displays all workout data simultaneously in a simple single screen, as opposed to the sliding readout common in other exercise bikes. This simultaneous one-screen display helps you get all info at the same time, making it much easier to compare stats side by side while saving you the time of waiting a lifetime for the next data to slide by.
With a backlit screen, you can easily see readouts in a clear display, regardless of the room’s lighting. When the lighting drops below a certain level, the monitor’s backlit display turns on automatically. This is not something we see often, even in competing bikes.
As already mentioned, there’s a holder on the console where you can place personal items like your smartphone, tablet, remote controls, keys, and reading materials. More on that to be discussed in the following category.
Keiser went completely next-level with accessories. Perhaps, this is the chief ornament of the bike’s production. There are lots of features that will add so much convenience and comfort to your workout experience.
You have the following to enjoy as the owner of the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycling Bike:
Keiser M Series App
According to the manufacturers, you can “Easily track and record your rides with real-time graphs for power and cadence range dials. More advanced users can add the ability to test and track Functional Threshold Power (FTP) directly within the app.”
The Keiser M Series Cycling App is available for use on Apple and Android devices. To download, visit the Apple Store® or Google Play™.
Use your phone, tablet, or computer to access virtually any online training app or video. This connectivity is compatible with apps such as Bkool, GOind, Heart Zones Training, imPoweredBeTrained, and Spivi.
Keiser’s apps give you access to:
- Immerse yourself in a reality-simulating virtual tour to some of the world’s most beautiful sceneries and locations. Ride through the famous Great Wall of China, glide past the Eiffel Tower, brave it through the deserts on your tour to the Pyramids of Egypt—the possibilities are almost limitless!
- Stream video contents of great workouts to walking you through to your fitness goals fast.
- Join live online fitness classes led by certified experts.
- Partake in healthy community challenges and competitions for like-minded fitness enthusiasts like yourself.
We guarantee you’ll love these!
Sync your M3i with the M Series app and other cycling apps using your phone/tablet’s open API. This helps you to be able to communicate with the group class projection systems.
Polar Heart Monitor
Keep track of your heart or pulse performance during your workouts with Keiser’s Polar Heart Monitor.
Strategically located on the console, the Media Tray provides you the ease of placing your electronic devices or reading materials close, where you can access them anytime.
Stream videos on your tablet/smartphone, follow an online training session with a class, or answer calls at your beck and call.
You can also add these optional accessories to your M-Series collection.
- Floor Mat
You can place the Keiser Floor Mat right under your M3i to keep your workout surface area clean from sweat, water, or any other unwanted elements that can be generated during your training.
- Water Bottle Holder
Stay hydrated all through your workout with water or any beverage of your choice. Thanks to the conveniently attached bottle holder.
- Dumbbell Holder
You can add an upper body workout to your training. The optional M3i Dumbbell Holder is designed to hold two hand weights, each weighing 5 pounds. Attaching the holder is very easy and quick. Dumbbells are not included.
- M Series Converter
Live the experiences and thrills of outdoor road cycling right within the confines of your room with the virtual cycling with the M Series Converter. Connecting your Keiser M3i to any of your favorite apps like Zwift and Superfast gives the ultimate real road biking experience.
- Gel Seat Cover
The optional Gel Seat Cover adds extra comfort to your ride. It’s designed to perfectly suit your seat saddle.
Keiser M31 – Pros and Cons
- USA-made; applies the strictest compliance with the nation’s highest standards in product quality
- Strong and durable construction
- The ergonomic V-shape frame matches riders of all sizes and shapes
- 4-way adjustable seat & handlebars each fit riders of widely varying heights (4’10” to 7’)
- The rear-flywheel design offers better protection against sweat corrosion than the traditional front flywheel
- Magnetic resistance for a smooth and quiet workout (better than belt and chain resistance drives)
- A backlit monitor allows you to view readings in dim lighting
- One-screen display for ALL workout data (allows for quick reading and easy side-by-side comparison)
- Multifunctional gym bike with several features and accessories
- Polar heart rate tracking feature
- Media tray, stretch pad, and water bottle holder, and lots more
- Tablet/smartphone shelf holds your electronic devices close for easy reach
- Bluetooth compatible
- Upper body workout with optional on-demand dumbbells
- Transport wheels make the machine easy to move around
- Easy maintenance because of the simple design and durable components
- M Series APP connects with your tablet/smartphone to record and track progress
- Enjoy virtual outdoor riding anywhere in the world right from the confines of your gym space
- Take advantage of M Series App’s live training videos with certified real coaches, and be part of healthy community competitions—both online!
- On the pricey side (though justifiably so)
- Bluetooth connectivity can be tricky to set up
- Some of the advanced internet connectivity take getting familiar with
The Keiser M3i costs about $1,995. It’s an expensive spin bike but justifiably so.
You will agree with us that the price tag is reasonable if you read from the beginning to this point with a keen buyer’s eyes.
But it’s not even close to the most expensive options in the market. The Peloton, for example, costs about $4,500, which is more than twice the Keiser’s cost. Yet, we dare say that the Keiser competes favorably at the same level.
With top-grade engineering, outstanding performance, multiple accessories, and attractive warranty, you are covered on all fronts with no stones unturned.
The manufacturers went a couple of years ahead with the M3i, and for years to come, you’ll likely not need any replacements sooner.
To reduce costs and labor for customers, Keiser’s bikes are shipped partially assembled. Included in the purchased package are assembly and maintenance toolkits, along with a user manual detailing a step-by-step assembly process.
It’s easy and quick to fix yourself without any prior technical training or special skills.
The Keiser has an attractive warranty that gives you all the encouragement and support you need to seal your purchase.
The T-Handles are guaranteed for 6 months (these are the wearable parts of the bike, which include the handles, pedals, and saddle upholstery).
The frame and all other parts of the bike together have 3 years on them.
Keiser M3i vs. Old-School
Like have already been mentioned, every aspect of the M3i is a BOLD step towards revolutionary innovation in the indoor spin bike industry.
The table below clearly highlights the unique differences between the Keiser Bike and the conventional exercise bike.
Keiser M3i Indoor Bike
- V-shape frame design accommodates a wider range of user sizes
- All data, on-screen display for quick, easy readability and comparison of data side-by-side
- Rear flywheel design which is away from the corrosive sweat zone
- Tension knob behind tube
- 4-way adjustability for each of seat and handlebars
- Magnetic resistance for the quietest ride (best resistance type)
- Body-strapped HRM for precision-perfect tracking
- More user height accommodation at 4’10” to 7”
- Lots more accessories & features
- Far more sophisticated/computerized
- Lots more convenience & comfort
- More expensive
- USA-made (for all parts and assembly, using the strictest quality control standards)
- Longer warranty protection
- Traditional frame, which is relatively less accommodating
- Sliding display, which can be slow or time-consuming, and doesn’t display all stats in one quick, easy read
- Front flywheel which is dead-center of the sweat zone
- Tension knob right in the front top for easy and quick access
- Varies between 2 to 4 adjustability for seat and handlebars each
- Belt or chain drive for a quiet ride
- Armrest/handlebars-integrated HRM, which uses Bluetooth
- Often less
- Fewer features & accessories
- Relatively less so
- Varies by country
- Often shorter coverage
The best way to know the true quality of a product is to evaluate verified buyers’ personal opinions on the item. That said, going through actual customers’ reviews on Amazon and several other reliable online resources, we will agree that Keiser M3i has received nothing less than glowing recommendations.
Generally, the ratings have stood at 5-STARS. And we didn’t expect anything less than that. This bike is a winner any way you want to look at it.
Our rating: We are impressed as well, so we give it 5-STARS. But we will be unwilling to translate this rating in a strict math sense of 100%. Percentage-wise, we feel 95% fits it right.
All in all, the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycling Bike is a masterpiece of advanced engineering and sophistication. It comes with multiple features, several accessories, and a good number of supported software applications.
Every component of this bike, from esthetic to functionality, right down to construction, has been optimized to offer the highest level of performance and deliverability.
US-made, the Keiser M3i has passed certifications for the country’s strictest quality control, which gives you some assurance. Additionally, the manufacturers have your back with a solid 3-year warranty deal.
More and more standard commercial and private gyms are beginning to equip their collections with the Keiser Bikes. With a lot of wins and no real demerits, we hold absolutely nothing back recommending Keiser’s M3i to you.
Go next-level today with your fitness training using the Keiser Indoor Cycling Bike.
Across multiple channels, several trusted authorities, along with verified buyers and tested users, have been very positive about their Keiser experience. And their reviews have been nothing short of glowing reports and mostly 5-STARS.
Among these authorities include the US Government (military & NASA), sports communities, and global fitness/health clubs.
US Government agencies like the military, NASA, and fire departments rely on Keiser’s equipment when more is required than just performance.
In Keiser’s own words: “In the mid-‘90s, NASA recognized the potential of Keiser’s technology and initiated a partnership to develop equipment that limits muscle degradation on long-duration space flights. Today, government agencies like the U.S. Armed Forces (Navy SEALs and Special Forces, included) rely on Keiser fitness technology to do its job in their group and target training programs.”
EXOS, an Arizona company that focuses on proactive health and performance for elite athletes is in a partnership with Keiser for Keiser’s fitness machines and accessories. The company’s Founder & President Mark Verstegen calls Keiser the company’s “competitive advantage”. Then, he adds: “ We wouldn’t be here today without our powerful partnership with Keiser.”
Jakob Chychrun, a rising NHL star who suffered an injury that ended his season, says that he chose Keiser for his rehab and his future.
Fitness clubs in the US and the UK recognize Keiser as a great fitness tool.
- Men’s Health magazines (a leading “men’s magazine” says “Keiser machines (are) a must for any health club.” Sean Garner, a fitness advisor working with them has his contribution to making: “Absolutely if I was outfitting a gym, I’d have Keiser equipment inside.”
- BRX, London’s Premier Health Club, considers Keiser the most important asset in their toolbox. They say: “For BXR, no other equipment can compete with Keiser.”
- DIGME, a growing indoor cycling studio, says on the search for the best-in-class indoor cycling bike, Keiser proved to be the most important tool in their studio. “We trust our business to Keiser,” they say.